Cranks Veggie Chilli
As served in our Dartington restaurant - a firm favourite of our Catering Assistant Maz Rowe. Ideal on it's own with rice or in a jacket potato with some grated cheese on top.
you will need
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes (2 x400gms)
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 can sweetcorn (198gm)
- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 medium red chilli finely chopped
- 2 rounded tsp roasted ground cummin
- 1 red pepper cut into chunks
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 lge carrots diced and cooked
- 2 medium courgettes diced and fried
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- 300ml veg stock.
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
how to make
Serves 6 generous portions
- Fry the onion, garlic, red peppers and chilli until soft.
- Add the cumin and fry for a further 1 minutes on a gentle heat.
- Add the tomatoes , oregano, veg stock, red kidney beans and the puree.
- Cook for half an hour, then add all the veg and a little sugar to bring out the taste.
- Check seasoning and cook for a further 10 minutes. If it becomes too thick add a little hot water.
- Garnish with some chopped coriander and serve with soured cream and chives.