Savoury Cheese and Leek Bread Pudding
- 2 medium leeks - sliced
- 400g (14oz) Cranks Whole Lotta Loaf- sliced and cut into triangles
- 150g (5oz) cheddar cheese - grated
- 40g (1.5oz) butter
- 600ml (1 pint) milk
- 3 medium eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1.5l baking dish
- Grease a 1.5l baking dish with a little butter. Melt the remaining butter in a frying pan and gently fry the leeks for about five minutes, until softened.
- Put a layer of bread in the base of the baking dish. Scatter half the leeks on top, then sprinkle with half the grated cheese. Arrange the remaining bread triangles over the surface, followed by the rest of the leeks and cherry tomatoes.
- Beat the milk and eggs together and season to taste. Pour evenly over the bread, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Leave to stand for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / gas mark 5. Bake the pudding for 30 to 35 minutes, until puffed-up and golden brown.