- 300g (10oz) wholemeal short crust pastry
- 350g (¾lb) potatoes
- 450g (1lb) onions
- 3tbsp oil
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 15g parsley – chopped
- 100g (4oz) cheese - grated
- 2 garlic cloves – crushed
- 1tbsp milk
- Roll out the pastry and use to line six 4in round individual tins or foil dishes.
- Boil or steam the potatoes until tender.
- Chop the onions, then sauté in the oil until really soft.
- Combine the potatoes and onions, add the butter, parsley, half the cheese, garlic, milk, and season well to taste.
- Cool, then use to fill the pastry cases.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese
- Bake in the oven at 220°C / 425°F / gas mark 7 for 20 minutes, until golden.