Garlic Mushroom & Brie French Toast
- 2 large slices bread, cut in half
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 150g chestnut, 50g mixed field mushrooms, sliced and cleaned
- large pinch salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 170g (6oz) Brie, sliced
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Tsp of vegetarian green pesto
- 50g olive oil
- Lightly dip bread into egg on both sides the bread on both sides and gently pan fry both sides until golden brown.
- Heat the butter and oil in a small frying pan/skillet.
- Place the mushrooms in the pan and fry on a medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes until the mushroom turn brown and a little bit crisp at the edges.
- Then turn down the heat and stir in the salt, pepper and garlic. Cook for 1 more minute, and then turn the heat down to very low.
- Place the slices of brie on the eggy toast and put back under the grill to melt. Once melted, place on two plates.
- Strip two of the thyme sprigs of the little leaves and stir through the garlic mushrooms. Spoon on top of the brie,
- Mix the olive oil and pesto together then drizzle top each toast slice Finish with a sprig of thyme and a grind of black pepper.